Below is a list of New Zealand career-specific qualifications that CDANZ recognises as Career-Specific Qualifications. Click on the links to find out more information or to contact the training providers directly.
CDANZ are providing course information only. The information provided is not an endorsement of the providers or qualification offered.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- New Zealand Diploma in Career Development (Level 6)
- Diploma in Advanced Career Guidance (Level 7)
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Career Development (Level 7)
- Study by distance
- Diploma in Career Guidance (Level 6). Please note: the Diploma in Career Guidance Level 6 is no longer offered as it has been replaced by the NZ Diploma in Career Development.
Otago Polytechnic - Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning
- Diploma in Applied Social Services (Level 6) (Career Practice)
Bachelor of Social Services with specialisation in Career Practice
- Otago Polytechnic - Diploma in Applied Social Service
Careerforce (formerly SSITO)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualification as a Career-Specific Qualification but it is no longer offered
- National Diploma in Employment Support (Level 6)
CICA endorsed qualifications
These will be considered on a case by case basis.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualifications as Career-Specific Qualifications but they are no longer offered.
- AUT - Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- AUT - Master in Career Development
- Two 30-point career development papers in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
For a description of the Career Consultant role, follow this link to the Careers New Zealand website: Career Consultant job information.