Below is the list of New Zealand career-specific qualifications currently recognised by CDANZ.
CDANZ is providing course information only. The information provided is not an endorsement of the providers or qualifications offered.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- New Zealand Diploma in Career Development (Level 6)
- Diploma in Advanced Career Guidance (Level 7)
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Career Development (Level 7)
- Study by distance
- Diploma in Career Guidance (Level 6). Please note: the Diploma in Career Guidance Level 6 is no longer offered as it has been replaced by the NZ Diploma in Career Development.
Otago Polytechnic - Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning
- Diploma in Applied Social Services (Level 6) (Career Practice)
- Bachelor of Social Services with specialisation in Career Practice
- Otago Polytechnic - Diploma in Applied Social Service
Careerforce (formerly SSITO)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualification as a Career-Specific Qualification but it is no longer offered
- National Diploma in Employment Support (Level 6)
Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA)endorsed qualifications
These will be considered on a case by case basis.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualifications as Career-Specific Qualifications but they are no longer offered.
- AUT - Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- AUT - Master of Career Development
- Two 30-point career development papers in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
For a description of the Career Consultant role, follow this link to the Careers New Zealand website: Career Consultant job information.