Below is the list of New Zealand career-specific qualifications currently recognised by CDANZ.
CDANZ is providing course information only. The information provided is not an endorsement of the providers or qualifications offered.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- New Zealand Diploma in Career Development (Level 6)
- Diploma in Advanced Career Guidance (Level 7)
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Career Development (Level 7)
- Study by distance
- Diploma in Career Guidance (Level 6). Please note: the Diploma in Career Guidance Level 6 is no longer offered as it has been replaced by the NZ Diploma in Career Development.
- Diploma in Applied Social Services (Level 6) (Career Practice) – course no longer available but qualification recognised
- Bachelor of Social Services (Career Practice) (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Social Services (Career Practice) (Level 7)
Capable NZ - a school of Otago Polytechnic
For people who already have significant skills and knowledge from work the above two Careers qualifications are offered through Capable NZ i.e. your existing capability, gained through years of work and life experience, is assessed against an actual qualification and you can get academic credit for what you already know and can do.
And also offered are the following qualifications that can have a Career Practice specialisation:
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice (Level 7 - delivered via Capable NZ)
- Master of Professional Practice (Level 9 - delivered via Capable NZ)
- Doctor of Professional Practice (Level 9-10 - delivered via Capable NZ)
Careerforce (formerly SSITO)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualification as a Career-Specific Qualification but it is no longer offered
- National Diploma in Employment Support (Level 6)
Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA)endorsed qualifications
These will be considered on a case by case basis.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Please note: CDANZ recognises the below qualifications as Career-Specific Qualifications but they are no longer offered.
- AUT - Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- AUT - Master of Career Development
- Two 30-point career development papers in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
For a description of the Career Consultant role, follow this link to the Careers New Zealand website: Career Consultant job information.