Below is a list of New Zealand career-specific qualifications that CDANZ recognises as Career-Specific Qualifications. Click on the links to find out more information or to contact the training providers directly.
CDANZ are providing course information only. The information provided is not an endorsement of the providers or qualification offered.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Please note: the Graduate Diploma and the Graduate Certificate in Career Development are no longer offered.
- AUT - Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- AUT - Master in Career Development
- Two 30-point career development papers in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
Career Development qualifications at AUT have been redeveloped at a postgraduate level. Two 30-point career development papers are incorporated into the Postgraduate Certificate in Education. This postgraduate qualification is awarded upon completion of these 2 papers (60 points).
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Diploma in Career Guidance (Level 6)
- Diploma in Advanced Career Guidance (Level 7)
- Study by distance
Otago Polytechnic - Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning
- Diploma in Applied Social Services (Level 6) (Career Practice)
Bachelor of Social Services with specialisation in Career Practice
- Otago Polytechnic - Diploma in Applied Social Service
Careerforce (formerly SSITO)
- National Diploma in Employment Support (Level 6)
- Study while you work
- Provider: ASENZ - National Diploma in Employment Support
CICA endorsed qualifications
These will be considered on a case by case basis.
For a description of the Career Consultant role, follow this link to the Careers New Zealand website: Career Consultant job information.