- Waikato, Wairarapa/Wellington
- Career Consultant
- Career Talk
- Graduate Diploma in Career Development, BA (Hons), Diploma in Teaching (Secondary), National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) Level 5
- Professional Memberships
- Professional member of CDANZ, Member of Careers and Transition Education Association NZ (CATE)
- Career Coaching
- Career Counselling
- Career Programme Design and Development
- Graduate Guidance
- Group Facilitation and Training
- Interview Coaching
- Job Search Coaching
- Professional CV Preparation
- Student Guidance
- Transition Coaching/Outplacement
I have worked in the career development sector for over 18 years in a variety of organisations. These include university career centres, secondary schools, an industry training organisation, and in private practice. I am a professional member of CDANZ, a registered secondary school teacher, and a member of CATE (Careers and Transition Education Association NZ).
In 2019 I established Career Talk, my private practice, in which I assist people of all ages with their career development transitions and planning. I work alongside clients, supporting and encouraging them to reflect on themselves and their career to date, to assess their preferred options, set goals and put goals into place. This may include planning further study or training, job search strategies, making applications and interview preparation.
I have extensive experience working with young people - one to one, in groups, and through programme development of industry taster courses. For the past 7 years I worked in secondary schools as a career development practitioner. I have a thorough knowledge of tertiary study and training providers both in New Zealand, and universities overseas. I help students consider their interests, abilities, skills, values, and purpose, to assist them in making plans for their first steps beyond school or tertiary study.