- Waikato, Wairarapa/Wellington
- Career Consultant
- Career Talk
- Graduate Diploma in Career Development, BA (Hons), Diploma in Teaching (Secondary), National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) Level 5
- Professional Memberships
- Professional member of CDANZ, Member of Careers and Transition Education Association NZ (CATE)
- Career Coaching
- Career Counselling
- Career Programme Design and Development
- Graduate Guidance
- Group Facilitation and Training
- Interview Coaching
- Job Search Coaching
- Professional CV Preparation
- Student Guidance
- Transition Coaching/Outplacement
I have worked in the career development sector for 20 years in a diverse range of organisations. Most recently I am a contractor for central government providing career support to job seekers and the public. I currently also work at Habit Health on the Employment Service in Schools MSD pilot programme and run my own private career consultancy. I have many years’ experience in education - in university career centres, secondary schools and in an industry training organisation. I am a professional member of the Career Development Association of NZ (CDANZ), and a registered secondary school teacher.
In 2019 I established Career Talk, my private practice, in which I assist people of all ages both individually and in groups, with their career development planning and transitions.
I have extensive experience working with young people - one to one, in groups, and through programme development of industry taster courses. For 8 years until 2020 I worked in secondary schools as a career development practitioner. I have a thorough knowledge of tertiary study and training providers both in New Zealand, and universities overseas. I help students consider their interests, abilities, skills, values, and purpose, to assist them in making plans for their first steps beyond school, training or tertiary study.