- Onehunga and Auckland CBD
- Career Consultant
- Master in Career Development, Graduate Diploma in Career Development, BA (Psych)
- Professional Memberships
- CDANZ Professional Member
- Career Coaching
- Career Counselling
- Career Programme Design and Development
- Graduate Guidance
- Group Facilitation and Training
- Interview Coaching
- Job Search Coaching
- Personality/Behaviour Profiling
- Professional CV Preparation
- Research and Policy
- Retirement Planning
- Student Guidance
- Workplace Career Development
- Career Development for People with Disabilities
- Career Development and Mental Heath
Special Interest Areas:
• Young adults transitioning from school to tertiary/tertiary to work
• Clients in the contemporary music industry
• Refugees: barriers to employment
• International students: barriers to employment
• ‘Un’-retirement planning
Merrie works as a career consultant primarily with clients in the music industry. She also works alongside international student and refugee clients who face career barriers in NZ.
Merrie is interested in the particular difficulties that older adults face when they don’t wish to stop working. She runs occasional workshops for people intent on planning their ‘un’-retirement.
A passion for research led Merrie to investigate identity in relation to careers:
• The change in identity that occurs for some students who transition from school to tertiary
• The special difficulties that groups face when working together in the music industry.
Merrie has a Master in Career Development, and a Graduate Certificate and Diploma in Career Development from AUT, as well as a BA (Psychology) from the University of Auckland.