These workshops being held throughout New Zealand so you, our members, can have your say on the Draft "Competency Self-Reflective Review" Form we are developing for our members to best manage their own Continuing Professional Development against the CDANZ Competency Framework
Come along to learn about the form, discuss it with peers, test it and offer your feedback on what works well and what could be improved.
The workshops are free and you may claim CDANZ Professional Development hours for attending.
In Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, we will be presenting face-to-face workshops where we have a resident project team member. In other regional branches, a meeting will be held where members will view a video from the Professionalism Project Team, receive resources, and gather member feedback through a facilitated workshop.
While the workshops are free, registration is essential using the links below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
- NORTHLAND: Tues 12 February, 10am to 12noon at Work Space, 24 Finlayson St, Whangarei
- AUCKLAND: Tues 12 February. 6pm at Rm 101, Level 1 Kate Edger Information Commons, 2 Alfred St, University of Auckland
- WAIKATO: Mon 18 February, 2pm to 4pm Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton
- BAY OF PLENTY - Wednesday 13 February, 3.30pm to 5.30pm, Rotorua Library Te Aka Mauri - Second Floor
- GISBORNE / HAWKES BAY: Thurs 14 February, 3pm to 5pm, M102, Eastern Insitute of Technology, Taradale Campus
- MANAWATU: Thurs 14 February, 11.00am to 2.00pm, Palmerston North Library, 4 The Square
- TARANAKI: Fri 15 February, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- WELLINGTON: Tues 19 February, 5.30pm to 7.00pm at TEC, Level 9, 44 The Terrace, Wellington
- NELSON / MARLBOROUGH: Tues 19 February, 4pm to 6pm at S106 NMIT, Nelson
- CANTERBURY: Tues 12 February, 4.30pm to 6.30pm, L233 Ara Institute of Canterbury (also includes time for a resource share/swap)
- OTAGO / SOUTHLAND: Tues 12 February, 10am to 2pm, Southern Rehab, 98 Macandrew Rd, Dunedin (also includes an exploration of CDANZ Competency Framework). NB This workshop is now at capacity. If you have not RSVPed please email email@example.com and you will be sent resources to work through independently.
Context and background
Continuing Professional Development is just one component of the CDANZ Professional Standards currently in development. Previous Briefing Papers to CDANZ members have identified the work of the Professionalism Project, which formally began in 2014. Three key questions underpin the project: What is professionalism? Why does it matter? For whom?
At the 2018 AGM we ratified our new Competency Framework. Now we are focusing on how our members will use that framework to guide their continuing professional development. Feedback from members at these workshops will be used by the Professionalism Project Team to refine the Self Review tool so that a final version can be brought to members for ratification at the 2019 AGM.
We are now delighted to introduce the Draft "Competency Self-Reflective Review" Form to our membership for examination and feedback. This form has been drafted for, and on behalf of, our members, and therefore your understanding and input into this process is core to its success.
Please send all feedback from these workshops to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March.
Or alternatively complete the online feedback form here.