The Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) is happy to be partnering with Ministry for Social Development (MSD) and Career Development Association of New Zealand (CDANZ) to extend the provision of the temporary free Direct Career Services (DCS) until 30 June 2022.
TEC will continue to deliver career guidance over-the-phone and face-to-face services based in 33 Connected sites across the country.
Direct Career Services was launched in 19 October 2020 in response to people displaced from work due to the Covid-19. Direct Career Services offers a free national over-the-phone personalised career guidance service and pop-ups providing quick career advice in 10 locations. After 18 weeks, TEC pivoted service delivery to optimise the proven in-depth personalised career guidance service, based in MSD sites with outreach to communities, rather than quick career advice in a pop-up style in libraries and community based events.
TEC has worked closely with MSD to create a valuable one-stop-solution for jobseekers, an end-to-end service delivery model that directly supports jobseekers within the newly established MSD sites throughout Aotearoa.
To date the DCS has seen 9,425 individuals, in the 35 weeks (as at 30 June 2021) of delivery, providing information, advice and/or personalised tailored career guidance. This includes:
- 1,868 over-the-phone or zoom sessions (unique scheduled and completed appointments) ,
- 6,594 visitors to a face-to-face pop up at 38 different sites from Kaitaia to Invercargill,
- 963 visitors given information at a variety community based event, and
- 42,749 Job Hunters’ Workbook distributed.
We currently have gaps in 6 locations to deliver face-to-face services 1 day a week from 1 August 2021 to 30 June 2022. Locations include:
- Canterbury – Rangiora
- Wellington – Porirua
These locations are based in MSD sites and we are looking for exceptional career professionals who have:
- Full or professional membership with CDANZ and a current practising certificate
- Or obtain, and maintain, Public Liability Insurance of $250,000 and Professional Indemnity Insurance of $250,000 to be eligible to deliver these services, and
- Proven relationships with local MSD sites and/or community groups.
TEC will then consider all applications and will make the decision to offer a contract those based on the following rating:
Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
5 plus years proven experience working with the local MSD sites and/or community groups you are bidding for.
3 plus years proven experience working with the local MSD sites and/or community groups you are bidding for.
If you are interested, please provide copies of your current practising certificate, professional indemnity and public liability insurance and a brief description of your proven experience with local MSD sites and/or community groups to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2021.