Alpha Consultants (a subsidiary of Marsh) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Auckland office:
What can you expect?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Employment Consultant, to support our clients in the Central Auckland Region.
In this role you will be leading training programmes, providing coaching and support to clients to find employment, networking with a range of employers and supporting clients once they are in employment.
No day is the same in our business, so you’ll need to be able to manage competing priorities, drive key relationships, and take ownership of your caseload. Genuine problem solving skills are a must. You’ll need to be able to think on your feet and outside the box.
About Alpha Consultants
Alpha Consultants is leading vocational rehabilitation practice, working to support people to return to the workforce throughout New Zealand. Our key clients include MSD, ACC, Wellnz, and private insurers.
What is in it for you?
Alpha Consultants strongly believes in “Feeling comfortable bringing your whole self to work is a fundamental right of every colleague.” We offer the following benefits to our employees so they feel valued each day at work: -
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Brand new agile workspace
- Professional environment where your career path is supported and really matters in our global organisation
- Flexible work policies
We will count on you to:
- Work with clients in facilitating pre-employment training programmes
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local labour market and network with local businesses to source employment opportunities
- Build rapport with key customers, employers and networking agencies within the community
- Assist with managing and developing positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Keep written communication concise and to the point, and meet reporting timeframes
- Contribute to the achievement of company targets
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge required to support the service needs of customers and clients
- Foster positive H&S practices
- Ensure compliance within the Marsh Group Corporate Governance and Operating Procedures and Policies
What you need to have:
- Strong industry experience
- Effective report writing skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Full, clean current driver’s license
- Company and colleague loyalty
What makes you stand out?
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership of your caseload, with a willingness to draw on support when needed
- Exceptional client management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Phone 07 579 0520
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in New Zealand. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.