Employer Liaison Pathways to Employment – Refugee Settlement Hamilton (Waikato) Service Centre
Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE) Closes 5pm 19 January, 2020
Link to job on Seek
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employer Liaison in our Pathways to Employment programme working with former refugees in Hamilton (Waikato region). The purpose of the employer liaison role is to grow the pool of employment opportunities for former refugees in the Waikato region.
The role also includes intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients and potential employers, supporting clients to gain employment.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Appreciation of the benefits of diversity in workplaces
- Proven skills in recognizing and developing work readiness
- Ability to build client confidence and job search skills
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
- Tertiary education in relevant field (required)
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ (desirable)
This is a fulltime role. If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact John Rodgers, Regional Manager at New Zealand Red Cross 0278074974 from 13 January 2020.
Applications close at 5pm on 19 January 2020.
To download the job description for this position please view this job in Seek, click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.