The Depot ArtsLab Creative Employment Programme invites a person with employment placement and career guidance skills to join its team. ArtsLab has been running for 17 years, equipping and supporting unemployed creatives into sustained employment.
ArtsLab Creative Employment Consultants work with heartfelt concern in a collaborative and high-energy team. They bring their own creativity and personality to the role and value the supportive and appreciative work environment. No two days are ever the same. Work can range from developing an effective job seeking strategy for a seasoned graphic designer to assisting a recent grad to write their first CV to helping someone with long-term unemployment find suitable and realistic employment options.
Professional Skills Required
- You will ideally have previous experience in either recruitment or career/employment guidance and familiarity with New Zealand’s creative industries.
- Ability to teach and guide clients through job seeking and freelancing processes.
- Ability to utilize and communicate a range of job seeking strategies.
- Strong job interview guidance skills
- Workshop facilitation
- Report writing and literacy
- Career/vocational guidance and mentoring
- Interpersonal, public relations and communication
- Knowledge and interest in the creative industries
- Work in a team environment and have an understanding of community development.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel (basic) and internet
Personal Skills Required
- Warm, engaging and professional
- Interest in the arts
- Work with genuine care and understanding of our client’s needs and circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to modify communication style for different situations.
- Excellent organization, time management and administration skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Adaptable and flexible
The position is ideally full time based in Devonport, Auckland – just a delightful ferry trip across the harbour. The Position Description is here. For confidential discussion about this position please contact Lynn Lawton on 021685737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please provide your CV and a cover letter telling us why you consider you are the person for this position. Position Closing date 17 Jan 2020