CDANZ held a Special General Meeting via Zoom webinars on Tuesday 2 March 2021, 7.00pm - 8.00pm, where we voted on;
- Remit 1 CDANZ Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways
- Remit 2 Consistent reference to the CDANZ National Executive Committee in Constitution
- Remit 3. Renaming of Corporate Members to Organisational Affiliate
- Ratification 1. Introduction of requirement for Criminal Record Checks
These are all covered in The Voting Pack.
A quorum was clearly established at the start of the meeting.
In order for vote to pass each remit required 2/3 of eligible voters in attendance to vote in the affirmative, i.e. 66.66% of votes needed to support the remit.
CDANZ National Development Manager, Lauren Hughes, fulfilled the role of Returning Officer on the night. Lauren has subsequently verified the results and Koa Saxby has double checked them as a second scrutineer. Several votes were removed as they were deemed ineligible either because the voter was a Student, Subscriber or Associate OR because their Professional Membership had lapsed as a result of an overdue fee or Professional Development Record.
All Remits and Ratifications exceeded the threshold to be passed. The verified results are below:
Remit 1. Proposal to change CDANZ Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways
Ineligible - 9 (2 Advance and 7 Live Poll)
Yes - 63 (24 Advance and 39 Live Poll) - Passed with 77% support
No - 13 (7 Advance and 6 Live Poll)
Abstain - 6 (3 Advance and 3 Live Poll)
Remit 2. Consistent reference to the CDANZ National Executive Committee in Constitution
Ineligible - 9 (2 Advance and 7 Live Poll)
Yes - 80 (32 Advance and 48 Live Poll) - Passed with 97.6% support
No - 1 (1 Advance and 0 Live Poll)
Abstain - 1 (1 Advance and 0 Live Poll)
Remit 3. Renaming of Corporate Member to Organisational Affiliate
Ineligible - 9 (2 Advance and 7 Live Poll)
Yes - 75 (30 Advance and 45 Live Poll) - Passed with 91% support
No - 3 (3 Advance and 0 Live Poll)
Abstain - 4 (1 Advance and 3 Live Poll)
Ratification 1: Introduction of requirement for Criminal Record Checks
Ineligible - 8 (2 Advance and 6 Live Poll)
Yes - 71 (31 Advance and 40 Live Poll) - Passed with 86.5% support
No - 6 (2 Advance and 4 Live Poll)
Abstain - 5 (1 Advance and 4 Live Poll)
What happens next?
- As per our transition plan all current Associate Members have immediately transitioned to Full Members. This has been fast tracked to allow those working on VRS Contracts to resume their work. These individuals will receive their updated membership certificates via email today. If you are expecting a certificate and do not receive one today please contact Koa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All other members will transition to the new membership categories on 1 April 2021. We will send a separate communication to confirm your updated Membership Type and how you may describe that in your branding and promotions.
- The Constitution will be updated first and over the next few weeks all other templates, documents and website copy will follow.
- Membership renewals continue as normal. The requirement fto provide a Criminal Record Checks with your renewal will be introduced on April 15. We will be in touch with more information on this.
- New membership applications will open under the new system on 15 April.
- Existing members continue to renew on the anniversary of their membership.
- In due course we will be advertising for people to join our newly established team of Evaluators to support the new process of evidencing competency.
- We will be communicating these changes to stakeholders and interested parties soon.
Background to CDANZ Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways project
Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways are a component of the CDANZ Professional Standards. At the 2019 CDANZ Conference and AGM a discussion document was shared with members proposing changes to the current entry level qualifications and member pathways. Since then we have conducted widespread consultation with members and stakeholders all of which is detailed below.
1 Feb Draft Remits to all members
10 Feb Last day for feedback on remits
14 Feb Final remits to members and voting pack to eligible voters
15 Feb Last day for new members to apply until 15 April
Last day for students of career specific study to become a Student Member and benefit from the Student Membership transition plan.
2 Mar Special General Meeting - vote decided. If there is a vote for change:
3 Mar Assoc Members transition to Full Members overnight in order to continue work on VRS Contracts
1 April Other existing members transfer to new membership types
Last day for existing members to complete the Request for Extension form in Survey Monkey. This enables us to understand their aspirations for advancing membership under the old system so that we might honour that after transition to the new system.
15 April Applications open for new members under the new system
Members have been sent out these letters explaining how a transition will effect them:
- Current Professional, Fellow and Life Members
- Associate, Professional and Fellow Members with memberships currently 'on hold'
- Current Associate Members
- Current Subscribers
- Current CDANZ Student Members
- Students of career specific qualifications who are not members of CDANZ
If you have any questions about how the proposed changes to ELQ&MP might affect you, your employees or your contractors please contact Lauren Hughes at email@example.com / 021 222 5682 or Heather Lowery-Kappes at firstname.lastname@example.org / 021 077 6306.
ELQ&MP Consultation Updates
Webinar: On 6/11/19, we delivered an introductory webinar for members who were unable to attend the presentation on the Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways Discussion Document at Conference.
Interest Group Zoom Meetings: Members were then invited to participate in online conversations with peers to discuss what the recommendations might mean for them in their practice, for their clients, their employers and all other stakeholders who may be impacted by change. Feedback from these sessions has been actioned and we are now working towards our nationwide Branch Consultation.
- Education focus, held 26/11/19
- Vocational Rehabilitation focus, held 28/11/19
- Private Practice & Corporate focus, held 4/12/19
Branch Meetings: Members were invited to consider the Discussion Paper as a branch and feedback to the project team.
Northland - 10am - 12noon, Tuesday 25 February at Workspace, 24 Finlayson street, Whangarei.
- Auckland - 6pm -8pm Wednesday 26 February, St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St, Ponsonby
- Waikato - 5.30pm Thursday 12 March at The Trust Waikato Building, London Street
- Bay of Plenty - 3pm, Wednesday 26 February at APM Offices, 38 Glenlyon Avenue Greerton.
- Hawkes Bay / Gisborne - 1pm to 5pm, Friday 14 February at Napier War Memorial and Convention Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Napier
- Manawatu - 1.30pm to 3.30pm, Wednesday 11th March at the Palmerston North Public Library meeting room.
- Taranaki - 11am, Friday 28 February, Purpose Careers Ltd, Kings Building, Level 2, 36 Devon Street West, New Plymouth.
- Wellington - 5.30pm, Monday 17 February at Level 9, 44 the Terrace, Wellington.
Nelson / Marlborough - 4pm, Tuesday 11 February at S103 at NMIT.
- Canterbury - 5pm, Thursday 2 April via Zoom
- Otago / Southland - 5.15pm for nibbles & 5.30pm start, Wednesday 11 March, Meet at Otago Polytech Hub
Working Groups - ongoing to focus on the operational implications of the proposed changes
Maori and Pasifika Practitioners Network: an online hui was held with this group at 4.30pm, 1 April 2020.
Zoom discussion: 17/8/2020 held on the draft recommendations of the Working Groups. See video.
Trial of the draft Competency Statement, Practice Study and Evaluation process - this process involved
External International Review - CDANZ National Executive invited Sareena Hopkins, Executive Director Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF) to review the Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways Project. You can read Sareena’s full report here.
DRAFT Remits and Ratifications on CDANZ Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways sent to all CDANZ members on 1 February 2021 for a final 10 day consultation period.
Zoom discussion held on 10 February 2021 to gather final thoughts from membership and answer any outstanding questions.
Special Meeting - A Special General Meeting has now been scheduled for 7pm, Tuesday 2 March 2021 to vote on proposed changes to ELQ&MP. This meeting will be held by Zoom.
Resources from Branch Consultation Feb/Mar 2020
These are all the resources made available to CDANZ Branches to date. Read and watch them at your leisure and send your individual feedback to email@example.com at any time.
- ELQMP Project Team Video - an explanation of the project as a whole, the consultation to date and how you can have your say.
- Facilitators Notes – a brief outline of the session can run. We appreciate some of you have local input you wish to include too.
- ELQ&MP Slides – for reference after watching the video in your meeting
- ELQ&MP Summary Discussion Document – this highlights some specific things within the proposal that you may wish to discuss once you have had the big picture conversation as prompted in the video.
- Straw Poll Link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ELQMPStraw
- CPD Slides – for reference after watching the video in your meeting
|2.2 Professional practice management: Demonstrate commitment to professionalism|