All members are invited to a Special General Meeting where eligible voters (current CDANZ Professional, Fellow and Life Members) will have the opportunity to vote on:
- Remits and Ratifications to CDANZ Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways 2021
- Remit 1: Consistent reference to the CDANZ National Executive Committee
- Remit 2: Change of Corporate Membership to Organisational Affiliate
- Remit 3: Clarification of Clause 5.3, Right to Re-join
- Ratification 1: Introduction of the requirement for Criminal Record Checks OR Police Vetting
A DRAFT Remits and Ratifications to CDANZ Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways 2021 proposal will be released on 1 February 2021. Members will have the opportunity to comment or ask any last questions up until 10 February. They can do this by:
- contacting Lauren Hughes on 021 222 5682 / email@example.com or Heather Lowery-Kappes on 021 077 6306 / president.org.nz
- attending a Zoom Discussion at 7pm, Wed 10 February - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82960399002?pwd=c1Q2a2RyUDUvZkJXT04xSXdaRitFQT09
The FINAL Remits and Ratifications to CDANZ Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways 2021 proposal will be released to eligible voters, along with the other Remits and Ratifications in a voting pack on 14 February.
Proposed changes to Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways
Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways are a component of the CDANZ Professional Standards. At the 2019 CDANZ Conference and AGM a discussion document was shared with members proposing changes to the current entry level qualifications and member pathways. Since then we have conducted widespread consultation with members and stakeholders all of which is detailed below.
1 Feb Draft Remits to all members
10 Feb Last day for feedback on remits
14 Feb Final remits to members and voting pack to eligible voters
15 Feb Last day for new members to apply until 15 April
Last day for students of career specific study to become a Student Member and benefit from the Student Membership transition plan.
1 April Existing members transfer to new membership types.
Last day for existing members to complete the Request for Extension form in Survey Monkey. This enables us to understand their aspirations for advancing membership under the old system so that we might honour that after transition to the new system.
15 April Applications open for new members under the new system
Members have been sent out these letters explaining how a transition will effect them:
- Current Professional, Fellow and Life Members
- Associate, Professional and Fellow Members with memberships currently 'on hold'
- Current Associate Members
- Current Subscribers
- Current CDANZ Student Members
- Students of career specific qualifications who are not members of CDANZ
If you have any questions about how the proposed changes to ELQ&MP might affect you, your employees or your contractors please contact Lauren Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org / 021 222 5682 or Heather Lowery-Kappes at email@example.com / 021 077 6306.
ELQ&MP Consultation Updates
Webinar: On 6/11/19, we delivered an introductory webinar for members who were unable to attend the presentation on the Entry Level Qualification and Member Pathways Discussion Document at Conference.
Interest Group Zoom Meetings: Members were then invited to participate in online conversations with peers to discuss what the recommendations might mean for them in their practice, for their clients, their employers and all other stakeholders who may be impacted by change. Feedback from these sessions has been actioned and we are now working towards our nationwide Branch Consultation.
- Education focus, held 26/11/19
- Vocational Rehabilitation focus, held 28/11/19
- Private Practice & Corporate focus, held 4/12/19
Branch Meetings: Members were invited to consider the Discussion Paper as a branch and feedback to the project team.
Northland - 10am - 12noon, Tuesday 25 February at Workspace, 24 Finlayson street, Whangarei.
- Auckland - 6pm -8pm Wednesday 26 February, St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St, Ponsonby
- Waikato - 5.30pm Thursday 12 March at The Trust Waikato Building, London Street
- Bay of Plenty - 3pm, Wednesday 26 February at APM Offices, 38 Glenlyon Avenue Greerton.
- Hawkes Bay / Gisborne - 1pm to 5pm, Friday 14 February at Napier War Memorial and Convention Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Napier
- Manawatu - 1.30pm to 3.30pm, Wednesday 11th March at the Palmerston North Public Library meeting room.
- Taranaki - 11am, Friday 28 February, Purpose Careers Ltd, Kings Building, Level 2, 36 Devon Street West, New Plymouth.
- Wellington - 5.30pm, Monday 17 February at Level 9, 44 the Terrace, Wellington.
Nelson / Marlborough - 4pm, Tuesday 11 February at S103 at NMIT.
- Canterbury - 5pm, Thursday 2 April via Zoom
- Otago / Southland - 5.15pm for nibbles & 5.30pm start, Wednesday 11 March, Meet at Otago Polytech Hub
Working Groups - ongoing to focus on the operational implications of the proposed changes
Maori and Pasifika Practitioners Network: an online hui was held with this group at 4.30pm, 1 April 2020.
Zoom discussion: 17/8/2020 held on the draft recommendations of the Working Groups. See video.
Trial of the draft Competency Statement, Practice Study and Evaluation process - this process involved
External International Review - CDANZ National Executive invited Sareena Hopkins, Executive Director Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF) to review the Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways Project. You can read Sareena’s full report here.
Special Meeting - A Special General Meeting has now been scheduled for 7pm, Tuesday 2 March 2021 to vote on proposed changes to ELQ&MP. This meeting will be held by Zoom.
Resources from Branch Consultation Feb/Mar 2020
These are all the resources made available to CDANZ Branches to date. Read and watch them at your leisure and send your individual feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- ELQMP Project Team Video - an explanation of the project as a whole, the consultation to date and how you can have your say.
- Facilitators Notes – a brief outline of the session can run. We appreciate some of you have local input you wish to include too.
- ELQ&MP Slides – for reference after watching the video in your meeting
- ELQ&MP Summary Discussion Document – this highlights some specific things within the proposal that you may wish to discuss once you have had the big picture conversation as prompted in the video.
- Straw Poll Link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ELQMPStraw
- CPD Slides – for reference after watching the video in your meeting
|2.2 Professional practice management: Demonstrate commitment to professionalism|