Career Development Consultants - Migrant Futures – 2 years fixed term
Manaaki ki te tangata (Looking after our people)
Mana rangatiratanga (Leadership and accountability)
Careers New Zealand is a hub for independent career information and advice. We are career experts who help people navigate their career journey. We do this by providing independent advice to people making career choices and those supporting them, so they and the country, will have a better future. Careers New Zealand helps the government achieve its goals of boosting skills and employment and reducing long-term welfare dependence. Our work directly contributes to government priorities in the Business Growth Agenda, Better Public Services, Tertiary Education, Youth Guarantee and raising educational achievement through Ka Hikitia and the Pasifika Education Plan.
We currently have some exciting opportunities available for people to step into a new role of Career Development Consultant – Migrant Futures here at Careers NZ. We are currently recruiting for 10 consultants, based in Auckland (4), Hamilton (2), Wellington (2) and Christchurch (2).
You will be immersed in a busy team environment providing career planning services to migrants and international students. You will partner with external stakeholders, including members of migrant communities, education sector organisations, training advisors and government agencies. You will build collaborative relationships internally with your team, peers and manager.
Requirements for this position:
- Proven experience providing one-to-one career guidance and coaching services
- Experience in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training programmes, workshops and presentations at a high professional standard
- Experience working with migrant communities and international students
- Can demonstrate leadership skills
- The ability to connect with migrant stakeholders and demonstrate culture awareness
- Experience of being part of a high performing team contributing to individual and team KPIs and performance
- Experience championing and rolling out strategy and innovation
- A tertiary qualification in career development, education, business or social sciences, or working towards one
- Full and clear driver’s license
- Flexibility to travel nationally if required.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 5 June 2017.