Number 20, Issue 1, Autumn 2016
Welcome to the 2016 Autumn Ezine!
Our theme is The Digital Space, looking at the use of digital technologies in career development services, ranging from online career systems, social media apps and platforms, video content, to online meetings and individual consultations.
Editorial: Smart decisions – Jean Ottley
President’s Piece – Val O'Reilly
Digital Space - theme articles
- Careers work in the Digital Space – Professor Jim Bright
- Dashboards, back ends and user databases – Dr Heather Carpenter
- Using social media in schools careers practice – Craig Dyason
- Technology enhances practice – Jane Ratcliffe
- Why digital won't die – Grant Verhoeven
- Surfing the digital wave – Andrew Tui
- 3D printing: It's a game changer – Georgia Suckling
- Is it really unfair? A webinar from the EEO Trust – Pip Jamieson
- Career Journals – Sam Young
- Branch news
- Who We Are: Member stats
- Article Reviews
The role of the unconscious in career decision making. Reviewed by Beth Gallego
Life satisfaction and workplace climate among a lesbian, gay and bisexual population. Reviewed by Beth Gallego
- Book Reviews
So What Are You Going to Do with That? Reviewed by Kaye Avery
Generation Jobless. Reviewed by Pat Cody
The complete Ezine in one hit is here.
NB: When opening articles in this issue, we apologise that the hyperlinks in the pdfs are not live. As an alternative, there are references supplied at the end of each article. Copy the URL out to your web browser by highlighting the link and keying Ctrl & C to copy (and Ctrl & P to paste).