Alpha Consultants are seeking a motivated and experienced vocational consultant, to support our clients in the Auckland Region. Please apply via the Linkedin job advertisement.
In this role you will be developing and leading vocational rehabilitation programmes, coordinating training, providing coaching and support to clients to find employment, as well as undertaking occupational assessments and providing career advice and related services.
No day is the same in our business, so you’ll need to be able to manage competing priorities, drive key relationships, and take ownership of your caseload. Genuine problem solving skills are a must. You’ll need to be able to think on your feet and outside the box.
About Alpha Consultants
Alpha Consultants is leading vocational rehabilitation practice, working to support people to return to workforce throughout New Zealand. Our key clients include ACC, MSD, Wellnz, and private insurers.
What is in it for you?
Marsh strongly believes in “Feeling comfortable bringing your whole self to work is a fundamental right of every colleague.” We offer the following benefits to our employees so they feel valued each day at work: -
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Brand new agile workspace
- Professional environment where your career path is supported and really matters in our global organisation
- Flexible work policies
We will count on you to:
- Work with clients in facilitating rehabilitation as directed by the Customer and/or as determined through a Vocational Rehabilitation (e.g. Back to Work) or Job Search plan
- Work with clients with a view to placing them in to sustainable employment
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local labour market and network with local businesses to source employment opportunities
- Build rapport with key customers, employers and networking agencies within the community
- Assist with managing and developing positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Keep written communication concise and to the point, and meet reporting timeframes
- Contribute to the achievement of company targets
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge required to support the service needs of customers and clients
- Foster positive H&S practices
- Ensure compliance within the Marsh Group Corporate Governance and Operating Procedures and Policies
What you need to have:
- A Tertiary qualification in Career Development/ Psychology/Rehabilitation Counselling/Supported Employment or be willing to work towards one
- Hold full membership with CDANZ or RCAA or ASORC
- Strong industry experience
- Effective report writing skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Full, clean current driver’s license
- Company and colleague loyalty
What makes you stand out?
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership of your caseload, with a willingness to draw on support when needed
- Exceptional client management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Harveen Bhinder via the Linkedin job advertisement.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in New Zealand. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.