As we prepare for the Christmas break I'd like to wish all our members, subscribers, and affiliates a Meri Kirihimete and a Happy New Year, and hope you all get to press the refresh button and enjoy this special time. Your CDANZ Executive Committee, along with Lauren and Koa (our amazing support team), and our off-Exec project teams, are working now to prepare for a very busy 2020, a year that will be full of milestones for our organisation and membership.
- We will be installing new membership software and a new website better suited to our needs now and in the future.
- With the support of our members through the current consultation process we hope to create a more inclusive organisation through the proposed Entry Level Qualifications and Member Pathways.
- We will be developing a professional development programme in response to feedback we receive from our members based on the new CPD process.
- We will be holding our first ever AGM as an online occasion that will be accessible to all our members.
- For the first time ever, in March we will be meeting in Auckland with the CDAA Executive team to consider collaboration opportunities.
- And, of course, we will continue to work as closely as we can with government and other stakeholders to prioritise equitable career outcomes for ALL New Zealanders, advocating for trained and competent professionals to deliver this important work.
In the New Year I will introduce you to the amazing team who will be responsible for the delivery of these initiatives throughout 2020. Until then, thanks to everyone who has contributed, advocated, supported and promoted our profession and organisation along the way - as I said last year, this important work needs all of our voices!