The NZCPA Personal Development Programme was established in 2007 and is now a key part of the high performance cricket environment in New Zealand. The programme serves NZCPA members including current and past New Zealand professional male players, as well as the New Zealand women's squad - White Ferns to help support players in balancing their cricket commitments with developing them holistically, eventually prepare them for life after cricket.
The programme consists of three pillars - Career Transition, Risk Management and Personal Development. The NZCPA places equal emphasis on all three pillars as they believe development in these three aspects enables players to reach their true potential both within and outside of the game.
This position within NZCPA is very dynamic and demanding and requires an ability to prioritize the welfare and needs of the players at all times. The PDM will case manage Personal Development Plans (PDP) of assigned NZCPA members as well as promoting members in the merits of engaging in all 3 key pillars of the PD programme.
You will encourage all members to use services offered by the PD Programme as well as supporting the delivery of key Personal Development and Wellbeing programmes. You will build effective relationships with key external stakeholders such as service providers, mentors, employers and NZ Cricket staff as well as deliver a Personal Development Programme that services ages and stages within the NZCPA membership. You will be the dedicated point of contact for all personal development related matters.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification(s) and experience within the sectors of teaching / education, psychology, business or management is preferred.
- Experience in a high performance (sports) environment as an athlete, coach or manager is preferred but not essential.
- Outstanding ability to build rapport and trusted relationships.
- Working knowledge of financial management, tax, insurance and ACC would be an advantage.
- Ability to influence people and assist them reach their potential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate personal development plans for individuals.
- An understanding of learning, wellbeing & education environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an autonomous role (self-starter)
- Empathetic, ability to influence and strong advocacy skills
This is a unique and rare opportunity to support New Zealand’s cricketers and enable them to reach their true potential both within and outside of the game.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 17th August
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org