Type Motivators and Saboteurs: The Angels and Demons on Your Sholders.
10 October 2018 | Eden Gardens | Epsom | Auckland, NZ
Take a deep dive into new tool to use with psychological type—for yourself and for clients.
Register Today for Early bird rate: https://type-and-saboteurs-akl.eventbrite.com
What motivates you? Type, popularized by the MBTI®, describes many of the positive motivators that drive our careers, relationships, and passions. However, we develop other habits of mind to meet our needs for independence, acceptance and security. Known as “saboteurs,” we go to those same drivers for efficiency and to get our needs met. When we do this, we can become our own worst enemies. Add stress to the mix and the results aren’t pretty. And what happens when people with different “saboteurs” interact? Along the way, we can set off other people, especially if we are at odds with each other. Working with the vocabulary of the saboteurs framework adds richness to our understanding of how type opposites clash when they see the world differently, and practical pathways to more productive encounters. In this workshop, you will:
- Work with a new tool, the Saboteur Assessment, developed by Shirzad Chamine, chairman of The Coaches Training Institute—a tool participants can use with clients
- Discuss Jane and Ann’s research on the connections between type preferences and saboteurs
- Through large and small-group exercises, as well as individual reflection, apply learning about saboteurs to your relationships and your personal effectiveness
- Bolster your Sage—your ability to grow from the inevitable periods of stress that life brings
- Explore how to blend learning about type and saboteurs for coaching and for team effectiveness.
Dr. Jane Kise is an organisational consultant and author of over 20 books, many of them on practical applications of psychological type in education, spirituality, and executive coaching. A past president of APTi, her current interests include using type to enhance employee effectiveness and engagement, and school leadership development, especially for women.
Ann C. Holm, MS, PCC, CPCC is a Professional Certified Coach specializing in executive, career, and personal development. She is an MBTI Master Practitioner and is known for her extensive experience of the MBTI Step III. She also has 25 years of experience in applied brain science, using her hands on experiences to help her coaching clients understand how to stay focused, be engaged, and energized given the demands of the 21st century workplace.
Date/Time: 10 October, 2018, 9-16:00
Place: Eden Gardens, 24 Omana Ave, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
Cost: Early bird rate before 15 September
- NZ$ 250 for non-members or
- NZ$ 220 for members of APTi, other Type Associations, CDANZ and Interest Group
- Price includes lunch, refreshments and gst
**Prices reflect early bird discounts of $NZ30 off, available through 15 September
To register: https://type-and-saboteurs-akl.eventbrite.com