The National Forum for Lifelong Career Development (NFLCD) is a cross-sector initiative highlighting the importance of quality support for well considered career decisions at transition points throughout an individual's lifetime.
The Forum's objectives are to:
- Bring together cross-sector stakeholders
- Exchange information / experience at national / regional / local levels
- Explore possibilities for co-operation and co-ordination
- Explore potential collaborations and research
- Develop a framework for greater advocacy through partnerships
- Influence the development of a systemic approach to career development including government policy
NFLCD recognises that appropriate career development is relevant to three main policy areas (Hooley and Dodd (2015) – Careers England):
- The effective functioning of the labour market and, through this, the economy
- The effective functioning of the education system
- Social equity
Below you can access resources from NFLCD events to date. For more information or to join the NFLCD contact list contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 9, 2017 NFLCD Stakeholder Meeting, Wellington: Towards a National Strategy for Career Development in New Zealand
Presenter slides and referenced documents:
- History & Context of the NFLCD – Jennie Miller, CDANZ
- Introducing the ICCDPP – Val O’Reilly, CDANZ
- Recent NZ Initiatives
- OECD Report Back to Work: New Zealand – Improving the Re-employment Prospects of Displaced Workers. See summary slides presented by Hannah Malloch, MBIE.
- KPMG Environmental Scan prepared for the Tertiary Education Commission
- New Models of Tertiary Education Overview - Productivity Commission
- The Attitude Gap – Auckland Co-Lab and partners
Career, Employability & Learning for Living – Peter McIlveen PhD, ACCELL. Narrated slides are also available on request. Please contact email@example.com.
Peter McIlveen PhD is research director of ACCELL (Australian Collaboratory for Career, Employability, and Learning for Living). Dr McIlveen is a psychologist and an associate professor with the School of Linguistics Adult & Specialist Education at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Australian Psychologist, and Frontiers in Psychology. He has served the career development profession as vice-president of the Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) and the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA), and as president of the National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (NAGCAS).
- Cultivating the Right Stuff: Considering the Role of the Employer in Career Development - Karen Vaughan, NZCER
November, 2016 NFLCD Stakeholder Update
July 15, 2016 NFLCD Stakeholder Meeting, Auckland: Conversations on Workforce Development and the state of Career Development in New Zealand
Scoping Paper on Career Development in New Zealand, prepared by Dr Dale Furbish. See slides summarising the Scoping Paper prepared by Robyn Bailey and presented by Robyn Bailey and Dale Furbish.